- Product means mobile phone covered under a valid Service Contract
- You and Your refer to the purchaser of the Product and Service Contract
- We, Us and Our refers to Machines Sdn Bhd (“Machines”)
- Coverage means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product including where applicable, the Rechargeable Battery attached to such Product and with additional benefits such as Accidental Damage (defined below*)
- Valid Claim means a one-time screen replacement or one-time full replacement of the Product and a one time Rechargeable Battery replacement. subject to the service fees noted below. The Rechargeable Battery replacement is valid only on mobile phones
- Service Fee means a payment by You to Us if a Valid Claim takes place.
- Our Machines Extended Warranty Service Contract (“Service Contract”) known as “Machines Protection Plan” provides coverage for parts and labour in respect of the covered Product stated on Our Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and extends the manufacturer’s coverage for a twelve(12) month period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s twelve(12) month warranty and ending on the Service Contract Expiry Date.
- This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total Warranty of twenty-four (24) months from date of purchase of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable fee for the Machines Protection Plan.
- The Product use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use.
Rechargeable Battery Replacement - The repair service coverage is for mechanical and electrical defects in the Rechargeable Battery attached to the mobile phone purchased by you under this Service Contract. If it is too costly or we are unable to repair the Rechargeable Battery, we will replace the original battery attached to the mobile phone purchased by you if the Rechargeable Battery cannot be charged beyond 50% and subject to a one-time only Rechargeable Battery replacement. Any other related defects to the battery including but not limited to bloating of batteries, or software battery related issue are excluded under this Service Contract.
This repair service coverage is only valid during the Service Contract period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s twelve(12) month warranty. This repair service coverage for the Rechargeable Battery attached to the mobile phone applies only to repairs and replacements carried out through Machines Service Sdn Bhd in Malaysia (“Machines Service Centre”).
Additional Benefits - Under a master insurance policy issued by AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad (“AIG”), which Machines has taken for the benefit of its customers who have purchased a Product under the Service Contract, you are entitled to the following:-
*Accidental Damage - This repair service coverage is for mechanical or electrical defects of the Product caused by accidental damage due to physical impact (such as cracked screen) and spillage of liquids (collectively referred to as “Accidental Damage”).
For such loss, AIG may join with any other insurance company in repairing, reinstating or replacing the Product that is damaged where the Product is insured elsewhere. In cases where the Product is replaced with another of like kind, quality and specifications, the replacement may be a different model. You are only entitled to make a claim from AIG for repair services under Accidental Damage subject to the Limit of Liability. Accidental Damage will be effective from the purchase date or delivery date (whichever is later) until the expiry of twenty-four (24) months from such purchase date or delivery date, as the case may be. Claims in relation to Accidental Damage must be submitted to Us within 10 days of the incident.
This Service Contract may only be purchased upon purchase of a Product and only covers a Product which:
- Is new & purchased from Us.
- Included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty which is valid in Malaysia.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Service Contract and loss of use during the period that Your Product is at a Machines Service Centre, and/or while awaiting repair.
- Our liability is for any one (1) Valid Claim and shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the Product.
- We will Repair or Replace the Product at our discretion.
- We will replace your Product with one of like kind and quality if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair. The replaced Product (the damaged unit) shall become Our property. Due to technological advances, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product. Any such replacement will immediately terminate this Service Contract with no refund of the Service Fee and We shall have no further obligations for the remainder of the term of this Service Contract, if any.
- Under the Machines Protection Plan you will pay a RM299 service fee including Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) for each Product replacement and RM49 service fee for the mobile phone one-time battery replacement occurring during the Extended Warranty Period. For screen replacements there will be no service fee payable.
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS: The terms and conditions of the master insurance policy shall form an integral part of this Service Contract and you are required to comply with the same in order to enjoy the benefits. Details of such terms and conditions are available for your review before your purchase of this Service Contract and a copy of such terms and conditions will be made available to you upon request.
AIG shall not be deemed to provide cover and AIG shall not be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose AIG, its parent company or its ultimate controlling entity to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union or the United States of America.
Neither Machines nor AIG will be liable under the Service Contract if you do not submit the Product to a Machines Service Centre for repair before (a) the expiry of the Service Contract or (b) if a breakdown report has been not been submitted within 10 days of the breakdown incident
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE:
1. Negligence of any kind, omission or default.
2. Any defective workmanship, including but not limited to liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
3. Liability to anyone other than the Insured or Service Contract holder, as the case may be.
4. Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts
5. Property & product liability insurance.
6. Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Insured’s’ dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect.
7. Any defects that are subject to recall by the manufacturer/dealer.
8. Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible product unless covered under a separate Service Contract, cables, cords, add-on options incorporated in a product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
9. Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
10. Routine maintenance, cleaning, adjustments or software updates.
11. Damage neglect, abuse, misuse, theft, sand, corrosion, excessive heat, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current (fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity), improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity).
12. Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorised modifications; altered serial/IMEI numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
13. Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
14. Costs of removal or reinstallation unless specifically included in the Service Contract.
15. Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty or any other warranties in effect unless otherwise stated.
16. Failure to follow manufacturer’s recommended instructions for installation, operation, routine care maintenance, inspection, cleaning, external adjustments etc. including problems cause by a device that is not the Product, including equipment/accessories that are not OEM, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Product.
17. Damage due to organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources)
18. Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use.
19. All battery coverage except the repair service coverage mentioned in the Rechargeable Battery Replacement section
For Service in Malaysia. Call Machines Support Hotline +60 3 9212 2606
When the Product failure occurs due to an electrical or mechanical defect or accidental damage, you may call the Machines Support Hotline on +60 3 9212 2606 to report the failure Mon to Sat 9am to 6pm - excluding public holidays or visit a Machines Service Centre.
Our Customer Service Representatives or Machines Service Centre staff will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your Service Contract details readily available before placing the call or visiting the Machines Service Centre. If the original manufacturer’s warranty is still valid, you are required to utilise the original manufacturer’s warranty notwithstanding that the Service Contract is already in force. Repairs must only be carried out through a Machines Service Centre. For all repairs, the Service Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
This Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no refund of the Service Fee paid in the event of any of the following:
- Subsequent sale of the Product when no written request to transfer this Service Contract to the new owner has been received by Us within 14 days of such transfer;
- Disposal or repossession of the Product;
- Unauthorised repair, replacement or modification of the Product;
- In the event of any one (1) Valid Claim under this Service Contract
This Service Contract can be cancelled within 14 days of the product purchase date at a full refund provided that no valid claim has taken place. If a valid claim has taken place this Service Contract cannot be cancelled.
The Service Contracts are service contracts for repair services. The Service Contracts are not insurance policies or guarantees given by Machines relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of the Product save for the Additional Benefits wherein a master insurance policy has been issued by AIG in favour of Machines for the benefit of its customers who have purchased a Product under the Service Contract.
Assignment of Contract
If you sell or transfer your Product to another consumer within the period of the Service Contract, you must call the Machines Support Hotline on +60 3 9212 2606 within 14 days and effect the transfer of the Service Contract in writing.